Who would qualify for the IMCC program
An IM Certified Consultant is an experienced professional who
- provides Information Mapping® writing, editing and other consulting services, and
- implements the Information Mapping® method as a solution for public (government/non-government) and private organizations.
Who should apply
Individuals who should consider applying for the IMCC Program are
- technical writers
- business communicators
- web content developers
- content strategists, and
- knowledge management consultants
who want to deliver Information Mapping® writing, editing and other consulting services as an independent consultant or as an employee of an Information Mapping Partner.
Note: In order to provide Information Mapping® training, you need to be an Information Mapping Certified Instructor working for an Information Mapping Partner. Certified Consultants cannot sell Information Mapping® training, or train people themselves.
The specific qualifications for becoming an Information Mapping® Certified Consultant are:
- having least 2 years of experience in writing, consulting and/or editing services.
- having completed at least one official Information Mapping® 2-day or 3-day classroom training, or the instructor-led e-learning course Mastering Business Communications – Instructor-led.
- being able to communicate the fundamentals of the Information Mapping® method clearly, and
- having personal attributes of high integrity, a professional attitude, and a passion for helping businesses make their information work.
Information Mapping International expects the following from its Certified Consultants:
- Use Information Mapping® in your writing, editing and other consulting services.
- Work and collaborate with Information Mapping® Partners on projects
- Focus on convincing your clients that Information Mapping® is the solution for their documentation.