Webinars on demand
Information Mapping: What is it? How Can it Help Me?
This webinar is the perfect opportunity for you to get acquainted with the Information Mapping Method and see how you can use it to analyze, organize, and present information clearly and consistently.
View this webinar to
- learn how the human mind actually reads, processes, remembers, and retrieves information
- see “Before and After” examples that demonstrate why The Method makes information easier to find, understand, and use
- explore how authors can easily write documents that work for audiences with different needs and skill levels
- discover the benefits and results all kinds of people and organizations around the world have achieved by using this simple approach to writing
Capturing Your Employees' Knowledge Before They Walk out the Door
Creating and maintaining documentation may not seem like a top priority now, but once employees walk out the door it will be too late to find out what they know and what they do. Taking steps now to capture employee knowledge can help minimize the burden on remaining and new workers as they try to fill the gaps left behind.
View this webinar to learn practical ideas and strategies for
- assessing the risk of lost knowledge within your organization
- identifying who knows what, and where key information exists today, and
- capturing your employees' critical knowledge before they walk out the door.
Organizations in virtually every sector are increasingly affected by compliance issues.
Participants in this webinar will gain insights into
- the growing impact of compliance, and the factors that complicate most compliance initiatives
- why regulators and compliance experts agree that documentation is the key to compliance
- how the Information Mapping method addresses compliance issues
Improving Operating Efficiency and Performance with Information Mapping®
Poorly communicated information creates costly inefficiencies and increases risk for organizations.The Information Mapping® method provides a systematic way to improve operating efficiency across your organization without a significant capital investment.
In this webinar you will
- Learn about the growing impact of poor communication on efficiency and performance
- Examine the areas where the impact is hardest
- See how the Information Mapping® method improves operating efficiency and performance, and
- Find out how organizations have benefited from applying the Method.
Models and Templates and Standards, Oh My!
The Information Mapping method has stood the test of time. Organizations in all sectors have long relied on it as the internationally accepted standard for designing and developing policies and procedures and other business communications. Today, a new cadre of writers faced with the challenges of developing content for CMSs and other documentation-related technologies are adopting the Method, recognizing that its principles are essential to their success.
Participants in this webinar will
- Receive an overview of the basic principles of the Information Mapping method
- Find out why these principles apply on paper, on line and on the Web
- Examine examples of model documents, templates and standards
- Review relevant case studies confirming the benefits of applying Information Mapping techniques
Managing and Reusing Content
Organizations across industries are increasingly interested in creating and storing content that can be quickly revised or updated and repurposed for publication in different formats.
In this new addition to the Information Mapping webinar series, we
- explore the challenges and pitfalls awaiting authors who seek to design easily managed reusable content
- introduce the basic features of the Information Mapping method, a proven structured authoring methodology, and
- demonstrate, using examples and exercises, how the Method can help you design structured, modular content that’s easy to manage and repurpose.
Writing in Plain Language: Simplifying Communications to Improve Customer Service and Performance
Too often, the written communications we share with our customers, managers, co-workers, and employees are poorly organized, inconsistent, and hard to understand. Unclear Web site content, customer information, and internal policies and procedures lead to wasted time, poor decision making, errors, and unhappy customers.
But how do you get everyone in your organization writing in a clear, effective way that makes information easy to find and understand? The answer is to standardize on proven methods and guidelines for simplifying communications and helping employees write in plain language.
Attend this Webinar to:
- learn what you need to know about writing in plain language
- explore how to
- use proven standards to ensure consistency
- help your users find information quickly and easily
- meet the needs of different audiences, and
- present key ideas simply and clearly, and
- understand the importance of going beyond better grammar and sentence structure to get the results you want from plain language.