The Information Mapping® method provides significant benefits, for the entire organization and of course for the reader and for the writer.
For the organization
- Reduce time to create content
- Accelerate time to market
- Capture employee knowledge
- Increase operational efficiency
- Reduce support calls
- Decrease translation costs
- Reduce risk by consistent documentation
- Increase safety and compliance
For the reader and the writer
This chart shows the benefits of Information Mapping® for the reader and the writer:
No, we did not invent the numbers above. While at Harvard and Columbia universities, Robert E. Horn, Information Mapping®'s founder, conducted research about how readers deal with large amounts of information. This resulted in the Information Mapping® method, which is based on:
- learning theory
- human factors engineering, and
- cognitive science.