Information Mapping® Professional™ (IMP) Certification
An Information Mapping® Professional™ (IMP) is an employee who has demonstrated knowledge of the fundamental principles and concepts of the Information Mapping® method. This expertise in applying the Method benefits both the employee and those who receive his/her business or technical communications.
An IMP Certification comes with the following benefits:
- Receive your personal Information Mapping® Professional™ certificate.
- Be invited and get free access to 2 webinars per year to stay up-to-date with the evolution in Information Mapping® products and services.
- Be invited to give input regarding new requirements for the FS Pro software, and join the beta program for FS Pro.
- Be the first to get your hands on free samples of newly released Information Mapping® e-books.
Who should apply?
Anyone who has completed an Information Mapping® training program and is not self-employed is eligible to apply for the IMP Certification Program. IMP Certification Program is included in all Information Mapping® classroom training.
IMPs may not provide commercial Information Mapping® services
The IMP Program is a certification of individual achievement. As such, it is not intended for consultants who wish to provide Information Mapping® services to their customers, and does not serve as authorization for them to do so.
The Information Mapping® Certified Consultant™ (IMCC) Program is designed to meet the needs of those seeking to offer Information Mapping® writing or consulting services. To find out more about the benefits and requirements of the IMCC program, please consult the Information Mapping® website.
The specific qualifications for becoming an IMP are:
- completion of at least one official Information Mapping® training (classroom training, e-learning or instructor-led e-learning)
- professional skills and experience in writing, and
- personal attributes of high integrity, a professional attitude, and a passion for making information work.
About the IMP Certification Exam
The IMP Certification Exam consists of 20 multiple-choice questions randomly chosen out of a large pool of questions. You need to get 14 points out of 20 or 70% in order to pass the exam. The questions focus on the fundamental concepts and principles of the Information Mapping® method, such as the research-based principles, information types, units of information and presentation modes.
Validity of the IMP Certification
Your IMP Certificate is valid for 3 years from the date you pass the IMP Certification Exam. After 3 years, you have to be recertified as an Information Mapping® Professional™. This way, you can prove that you are still up-to-date with the Information Mapping® method and its latest updates.