10 Tips for Making E-Mail Work
E-mail has revolutionized business communications. Because it offers many advantages, it has become the primary form of workplace communication.
Unfortunately, the writing skills of the current workforce are generally poor. Most people do not have to look beyond their own Inbox to find emails that are too long, too dense, unclear, irrelevant to them, or hard to read due to poor formatting.
And the next generation of workers who text, tweet and communicate using shortcut language do not inspire hope for improvement of communications in the workplace.
With this 10 tips e-book, you will be able to
- produce reader-focused emails
- create a positive impression on the reader
- communicate more effectively
- edit an email to improve clarity and conciseness
- organize content to improve readability and
- write action-oriented subject lines.