Technical Writer - Presales Consultant - Boston, MA
As technical writer-presales consultant, you help companies define their documentation needs. You will be immersed in the field of interesting documentation projects.
- Supporting account executives as the Information Mapping expert, by
- Joining them at customer meetings
- Analyzing the customer’s needs and suggesting the most appropriate solution
- Scoping the project
- Writing the proposal
- Co-presenting solution to the customer
- Communicate with the operations/delivery team to include correct estimates and assumptions in your proposal
- Brief the delivery team on how to deliver closed projects according to the proposal
- Build a library of topics that can be reused in proposals, also by other people
- Do research on competitive solutions, both on the field of technical writing and technology, and position Information Mapping® correctly.
- Develop and deliver webinars around specific topics
Is this you?
- Are an excellent writer: accurate, clear and consistent
- Have very good analytical skills to identify the customer’s problems, suggest the best possible solution and scope the cost of the solution correctly
- Have experience working on documentation projects as a writer
- Have experience in scoping documentation projects
- Have a good working knowledge of and/or interest in authoring tools and technology like HTML, CSS, XML and relational databases is an asset
- Have experience in a similar position is an asset
- Have experience as a technical writer
- Knowledge of the Information Mapping® Method is an asset
- Work in our Boston area office and are willing to travel
We offer you
- Full time employment
- Excellent compensation and benefit package within a high energy, engaged and growing team
- Great coffee
Information Mapping is the world leader in solving critical documentation issues for enterprise-level organizations and governments so that they can operate more efficiently and profitably. Our company provides integrated solutions consisting of software, training and professional services to fit each organization’s specific needs.
How to apply
Visit our website www.informationmapping.com to learn more about IM, our products and services.