After taking this exclusive video course, you will
Build your own custom course and get
1. Introduction to Information Mapping: explains what the Information Mapping method is all about, where it originates and what its benefits are.
2. Research-based Principles: explains the 6 principles of the Information Mapping method: Chunking, Relevance, Labeling, Consistency, Integrated Graphics and Accessible Detail. These will help your reader in finding, understanding and remembering the content of your document.
3. Maps and Blocks: introduces two new units of information, the Map and the Block, and explains how to write good Block labels.
4.1 Introduction to Information Types: gives a brief overview of the Information Types Procedure, Process, Principle, Concept, Structure and Fact. Anything you write can be categorized in one of these Information Types.
4.2: Presenting Procedure: explains the typical presentation modes for procedure information in your document.
4.3: Presenting Process: explains the typical presentation modes for process information in your document.
4.4: Presenting Structure: explains the typical presentation modes for structure information in your document.
4.5: Presenting Concept: explains the typical presentation modes for concept information in your document.
4.6: Presenting Principle: explains the typical presentation modes for principle information in your document.
4.7: Presenting Fact: explains the typical presentation modes for fact information in your document.
5. Managing Large Documents: explains how to Overview Maps and Tables of Contents to manage larger documents.
6. Document Development Process: explains the structured approach to writing a document, an approach every writer can apply to create clear and accessible documents.
7. Wrap-up Exercise: allows you to apply your acquired knowledge to a sample manual for Dusty, the Roboticx Butler.